Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Whole Wheat Lavender Honey Carrot Muffins

My husband has been requesting that I bake something "healthy" for awhile. I always distrust healthy recipes I see on blogs because most people that cook healthy all the time have distorted taste buds on what is actually yummy. Well this muffin recipe won't disappoint. My one year old scarfed down two whole muffins before I could even get a bite in. They were great, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like non-healthy muffins. 



Mix on medium speed:
1 stick softened butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup lavender honey (I get mine from www.thelavenderapple.com)

Add on slow speed:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp ginger 

Batter will seem extra thick at this point. Here is what mine looked like at the end:


Then fold in by hand:
1 cup apple sauce 
1 small cup of grated carrots 

Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes depending on the size of your muffin tins. Makes 12 delicious muffins. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment