Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easy Quiche

This morning I think I think I threw the easiest party in my hostessing history. It was a birthday brunch for a friend of mine. I bought everything from costco, (including their dangerous ginormous chocolate cake), clipped a few blossoms from the tree out front, and called it good. 


The only thing I actually made was the quiche. This recipe was surprisingly simple and yummy. 

1 premade frozen pie shell
6 eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
Salt and pepper
1 onion (sautéed and caramelized) 
1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese 
1 cup cubed ham 
1 tsp dried tyme 

Heat oven to 375. Cook your onions, mix all ingredients, pour in pie crust and bake for 45 minutes. The beauty of a quiche is that you can swap out any kinda cheese you want, omit the meat, add bacon, add veggies, it's a great dish to use whatever is left in your pantry. This was a hit at my party today and came together in a snap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment