Sunday, April 20, 2014

Passover Popovers

happy Easter! Today after our egg hunt I realized I didn't have any plans for a good Easter breakfast. On a whim I remembered a recipe I pinned from the kitchn.com for popovers. I decided to try them as it seemed different enough to feel festive. They turned out great! Buttery, fluffy, crispy, and best of all I just used a regular old muffin tin! No fancy popover pan needed. See how pretty? 
My husband was utterly impressed and are half the pan! He declared pop overs a new Easter tradition. 

Use a large 6 muffin tin pan. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 


Ingredients

1 cup whole milk

2 large eggs

tablespoon unsalted butter, melted 

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

In a blender, mix the ingredients listed above until frothy and bubbly. Let the popover batter rest while the oven heats. Put the empty muffin tin in the oven for 2 minutes to warm. Remove from the oven and melt an extra 2 tablespoons of butter then divide the butter between the cups. Pulse the batter in the blender one more time to froth and then fill each cup halfway.

Place the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking unless you want to unpop your popovers. Still without opening the oven, reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for another 15 minutes. Finished popovers will be golden-brown, feel dry to the touch, and sound hollow when tapped.

Eat and enjoy! I'm hungry just thinking about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment