Friday, March 14, 2014

Orange Marmalade Chicken

The other day I was making orange rolls (that turned out terrible by the way) when I realized I have a whole jar of "orange marmalade" in my fridge. I made a mental note, then this week while going through my mother-in-laws cook book I found a recipe for "orange marmalade chicken". It actually seemed like an easy dish, with mostly pantry ingredients - which I love. My mother in law had noted that it was an impressive yet easy dish for company. I love it when I find a dish that is easy to make, but with complex flavors that don't taste like it's an "easy meal". I adjusted a few things in my rendition but this dish did not disappoint. I would make this for company anytime. It was so easy! 



3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons butter
Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg (to taste)
2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
1 green onion sliced (I ydidn't have green onion, so i used a slice of a regular yellow onion and browned it in the butter before I cooked the chicken)
1/2 tsp dried french taragon
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream (I didn't have cream so I used whole milk)

Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. In large skillet melt butter (and brown onions if you are using yellow onions), brown chicken on both sides, add marmalade, onion if you haven't already, tarragon and wine. Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet, add cream or milk until sauce is thickens. I added a tsp of flour to help mine thicken. Salt and pepper as needed. Cover chicken is sauce. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment