Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Artisan Bread

Holy smokes guys. I just made artisan bread and it was so good! It was crispy and crackly on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. And it was easy too! Add a little butter and my mouth was in heaven. 


I got this recipe from a cute gal in my ward and I sorta expected it not to turn out because good bakery quality bread can be so hard to make. But this was super easy!


No-Knead Artisan Bread

From Sandy Gallup

6 c flour

½ tsp yeast

2 ½ tsp salt

2 2/3 cup cool water

-
Mix in big bowl
-
Let sit for 12-18 hrs
-
Split in half
-
Form into round loaf by tucking edges under
-
Place on floured towel and cover with towel for 2 hrs
-
@ 1 ½ hours put empty pot with lid in cold oven and heat to 425 degrees
-
Plop bread into pot, cover. Cook in oven for 40 min. Take lid off, cook 5 min until golden/ chestnut
-
Cool on rack until cracking is done and bread is silent

You need a cast iron enameled pot (Dutch Oven).



No comments:

Post a Comment