Monday, August 5, 2013

Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

I guess I wasn't really thinking to clearly when I decided to cook straight through my mother in law's cook book because she started with a chapter of salads. All Q and I have been eating the last few days is salads! And while Q is happy he has lost 3 pounds, I need me some carbs! So tonight, we added bread sticks to our lovely Blue Cheese Salad.


Dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbs parsley, chopped
2 Tbs vinegar
1 1/2 Tsp Onion chopped
1 1/2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
3 Oz blue cheese crumbled

Blend all the ingredients together except the blue cheese. Then blend in the blue cheese and refrigerate, yields 2 cups. 

Wash head lettuce, put in refrigerator until chilled. Cut lettuce into wedges. Arrange on a plate with dressing and other ingredients for presentation.(I tried to convince Q to let me add pizza as a topping to the salad, but he wasn't into it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment