Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I recently made these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction. http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/09/04/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/  I fed them to my friends and they ranted and raved. My husband said they were the best pumpkin cookies he's ever eaten. High praise. I wasn't madly in love, but I did eat the entire batch in one day. So I guess I am being forced to save my version of this recipe for use next fall. (As you can see my cookies look nothing like Sally's. I didn't flatten mine as she suggested.)  


Mix together:
-1/2 cup MELTED butter (melted es muy importante) 
-1/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 generous tsp vanilla
-7 tablespoons pumpkin purée 
Mix until smooth.

Then add on top of the pumpkin mixture without stiring yet:
-1.5 cups of flour 
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp baking powder 
-1/2 tsp salt 
-1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 
-1/4 tsp cloves 
-1 tsp cinnamon 
-1 cup chocolate chips 
Once everything is sitting in a big pile on your pumpkin mixture, fluff all the dry ingredients to disperse them. Then mix them into the pumpkin mixture. Do not over mix. 

Because of the melted butter you MUST chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking. 

Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment