Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cayman Fish

Tonight my husband cooked me dinner. He cooked me a dish that he first had in the Cayman Islands. Captain Marvin served it to my husbands family on the beach after an excursion at sting ray city. I was a little worried this dish wouldn't be good because we all know food tastes better on vacation and maybe all this was was a fond memory for my husband. But this dish is quick, easy, and very unpretentious. 


Can't you picture this dish simmering in a pot on a cayman woman's stove? 


Warm 4 tbs olive oil in sauté pan 
Caramelize 1 chopped onion 
Along with 2 chopped bell peppers
Add 3 tbs pickapeppa sauce*
Add 3 tbs ketchup 
Add 1 Tsp salt 
Add 1/2 cup water 
Add 2 tsp honey 

Then add 4 mahi mahi filets (6oz each) or any white fish you'd like. These should be cut in half before you add to pan. Then reduce sauce for about 15 minutes or until fish cooked. 

Then add 2 tbs fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. 

Serve with rice, some steel drum music, and a drink with an umbrella in it and your night is made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment