Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thai Chicken Quinoa

My husband is not a fan of quinoa. I'm not sure why. I mean it's in a ton of trendy health recipes lately and he's always telling me to cook healthier for him. Quinoa is easy to keep stocked in the pantry, easy to cook, and full of protein. So last night when my husband was at school late, I decided it was the perfect night to serve myself up some quinoa. It was so good that when my husband begrudgingly took leftovers for lunch today, I got a text telling me how "awesome" it was. 😄

Thai Chicken Quinoa 

YIELD: SERVES 4

TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES

ingredients:

1 cups uncooked quinoa then cooked, (I cook mine in 2 cups chicken stock with a little salt for about 20 minutes, similar to couscous)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (try to chop chicken and veggies same size)
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup chopped green onions

3/4 cup chopped peanuts

1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro

sauce
1/2 tsp chili sauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 lime, juice
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger


Melt sauce over stove while you sautée veggies, then mix it all together and salt and pepper it. Add vegetable oil and soy sauce if it needs more liquid. Yum yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment